GB No. 3, winter 1990/91
A BRIEF HISTORY OF SAVING THE PIENINY MOUNTAINS
- See "For the preservation of Pieniny
Mountains biological face" above.
- <<"To save the Pieniny Mountains"
action is going on>> - the GB editorial
staff, "Freedom & Peace" Movement -
Cracow (WiP), Cracovian Group of the
Green Federation and Francis of Assi-
ssi Ecological Movement (REFA) from
Jasło announced continuation of the
"Save the Pieniny Mountains" action
and asked for a support. (See previous
- REFA was collecting (till the end of
march) signature on the petition to
the Sejm against the Czorsztyn dam.
- A similar action was under taken by
GB editorial staff, WiP and Green
Federation (12-24 of March).
- A leaflet informing about the facts
concerning the Czorsztyn dam was distributed among the workers employed by
the Czorsztyn dam's investor.
- The Buildings of ODGW (the investor
of the Czorsztyn dam) were picketed by
WiP and Green Federation.
- A two day blockade of the road lead-
ing to the Czorsztyn dam building was
organized by WiP, REFA, "I prefer to
be" Movement and Green Federation (23-
24 April 90) (so called "To stem the
- "To stem the dam (II)" - the next
direct action against the dam was
undertaken by WiP from Kraków and
Anarchistic Federation (no by GB as we
informed in GB 2) on 15-22 July 90 -
the transport of the materials for the
building was stopped for a week by
about 200 people who had come there
from all over Poland.
- See "To stem the dam III" below.
based on ZB no. 9, 10, 11, 14-15
- Monika Matoga
GB No. 3, winter 1990/91 | Contents